The Weekly Service presents
Mini-masterclass | The craft of curation w/ Matt Wicking
Wednesday March 7th, 6.00pm – 8.30pm
We love curating spaces for story and conversation at The Weekly Service: the kind of spaces where unexpected openings occur, where connection emerges and people feel comfortable being radically honest.
Facilitating connection is a craft and like any craft it can help to have a guide. Someone to point out the subtleties that inspire us to take a leap towards making it our own.
Luckily, we have Matt Wicking (facilitation extraordinare). With his guidance, across a 2.5hr workshop we will explore:
• Principles for ensuring people feel welcome and heard
• What makes a space feel safe
• How to maintain that sense of safety
• How to create the right environment for the storyteller so that they and the audience can get the most out of their story
• How to foster conversation and group discussion around important topics
• How to be a grounding voice of clarity when needed
Matt will be assisted by Luke Hockley.